You can apply for or manage your assistance benefits case online at Colorado PEAK; an office visit is usually not needed. Starting an account online is the fastest way to apply for assistance programs
Here are ways to keep your information safe on the internet:
- CO.gov/PEAK is a secure site. The URL will start with “https” or show a lock symbol
- The official website has the Colorado PEAK logo, State of Colorado logo or program logos (like Health First Colorado) on its websites and apps
- You NEVER have to pay to apply, update your account or ask questions about benefits
- You should only share their personal information with county office workers, PEAK community partners and through the official PEAK website
The free MyCoBenefits app is available through the Apple and Android app stores. PEAKHealth is a free app for current Medicaid and CHP+ members who have a Colorado.gov/PEAK account.
All three WIC clinics (Public Health) are providing services for clients via phone including new intake appointments. Please call 719-578-3199, Option 6.
Did you get your stimulus check?
It’s not too late to get your Economic Impact Payment worth $1,200 or more. Most people over 18 who make less than $99,000, received an Economic Impact Payment. If you haven’t received your money, go to IRS.gov now and use the Get My Payment tool.
Getting your payment is easy. Simply file your tax return or use the Non-Filer Tool at IRS.gov.
- It’s not taxable. You won’t need to pay it back
- It won’t impact your benefits, or immigration status.
- There is no late filing penalty if you don’t owe taxes.
- Help is available at 211, IRS.gov, or consumerfinance.gov.
Information provided by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and shared on behalf of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS), Employment and Benefits Division.
Resources for Food
Care and Share is not distributing to individuals but is distributing food and food boxes to partner agencies. Click on FIND FOOD on the Care and Share website to find a pantry near you. Please call to confirm before visiting a site. Care and Share has an online list of food pantry closures and is updating it as new information is received.