The state Behavioral Health Task Force (BHTF) wants to hear from individuals about their experiences accessing behavioral health services to help direct improvements, and is leading an event Feb. 26 in El Paso County to collect public testimony.
State staff know the system is working for some, but it’s not working for everyone. In order to reform the behavioral health system and ensure it’s working for all Coloradans, the task force needs to hear from those who are using such services. Speakers must sign up for a specific time.
Public Testimony opportunities are broadcast by webinar. Members of the public are invited to call in and/or watch by video, as well as attend in person. If you wish to testify, you will need to register at www.calendly.com/BHTF by 10 a.m. Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
- When: 3:30-6:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Where: Pikes Peak Regional Development Center Hearing Room (Second Floor); 2880 International Circle, Colorado Springs, 80910
- Video or telephone: https://zoom.us/j/9166858148 or 1-669-900-6833, Meeting ID: 916 685 8148
- To sign up to testify, either in-person or by phone, go to https://calendly.com/BHTF; sign-up must be completed by 10 a.m. February 25, 2020
When registering to speak, be prepared to:
- Share your full name, and any group or organization you might be representing
- Provide your phone number and email
- Select a time to speak and indicate if you will be there in person or via phone
Governor Jared Polis asked Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Human Services Michelle Barnes to create a task force that will evaluate Colorado’s behavioral health system and develop a statewide blueprint to reform the system with the goal of enabling every Coloradan experiencing behavioral health needs to receive timely, high-quality services in their communities. Learn more about the Behavioral Health Task Force (BHTF) online.
The task force has held testimony events around Colorado and will schedule an event in southwest Colorado soon. Watch previous testimony videos at http://bit.ly/bhtf-videos.